Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Two Ingredient Pancakes for my Two Year Old

I don't know what it is with kids but they sure can change their minds quickly.  For the past year John's favorite breakfast menu has included scrambled eggs served with a banana on the side.  I would buy about 5 pounds of bananas a week (we really like bananas) and I would even have to hide the eggs behind something in the refrigerator because if he saw them he would want to eat them all day long.  I decided that once a day was enough for a 18 month old. 

I guess, for the last month my scrambled eggs just weren't living up to his standards.  He has turned them down every time.  And his banana obsession has reduced to maybe half a banana on most days.  I checked the fridge and saw that I has 2 dozen approaching their expiration date and decided to get creative with these two ingredients by mixing them together.  The result, a gluten free, all natural pancake!  It's the perfect disguise for a protein and potassium packed breakfast for my two year old.  He kept asking for "more cake!"

Two ingredients, one banana and two whole eggs.
 
Mash the banana.
 
 
Combine
 
Scramble
 
Fry like a pancake.  It's easier to handle if you keep them small and kid sized.
The result is beautiful pancakes made without any flour.
 
 Due to the texture, I found them to be a little strange to eat.  But to John they tasted like sweet cake.
How do you disguise food for your little ones?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment