Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pet Portrait




WWW.KelseySchott.com 


Meet Atticus.  I was commissioned last month to paint of portrait of this dog.  It was a labor of love.    I studied Fine Art at Columbus College of Art and Design in Columbus, Ohio.  Since Moving to Minnesota and having two kids, I haven't been painting as much as I would like. 

To paint this piece I hired a babysitter for the whole day.  It worked out so well that I hired her to come back the following week too!  Now I am looking into putting the kids into day care once a week so that I can paint.  It is important to me so I want to make time for it and I am thankful that my Beachbody coaching income to help cover the cost.

This painting was worked from a photo reference.  The client emailed me some of her favorite photos and we chose one that worked the best.  Check out my website for pricing information as well as a gallery of my other pet portraits and paintings. 

If you would like a portrait of your pet in watercolor or oil then e-mail me your favorite photos and we will get started from there.  It takes about one month for me to finish a painting and ship to you.

Here are photos of the different stages of the Atticus painting:


Drawing.

Underpainting

Adding color
 
 Finished oil painting
 
I set-up my studio in the garage so that I could enjoy the nice weather.
 
T25 Challenge Group
 
The T25 Challenge Group starts Aug 5th.  Tomorrow is the last day to register and purchase before the price increases.  E-mail me for more information or click on the picture to purchase.

2 comments: